Virginia State Council Of Higher Education, VAHome Menu
Student Advisory Committee
The Student Advisory Committee is a student council consisting of one full-time student from all four-year public colleges and universities in the Commonwealth of Virginia; four students representing the Virginia Community College System; and two students representing private institutions. The committee assembles at least twice annually to advise the council on systemwide issues of concern to Virginia's college students.
2022-2023 Student Advisory Committee Members
- Co-Chairs: Celine Apenteng (GMU), Jaylin Drewry (NSU), Owen Williams (W&M)
- Brightpoint Community College: Saamiya Mohammed
- Christopher Newport University: Elizabeth (Bailey) Guare, Celine Rosario
- George Mason University: Celine Apenteng, Sophia Nguyen
- James Madison University: Grace Smith, Jay Norton
- Longwood University: Katya Mayer, Cierra White
- Norfolk State University: Jaylin Drewry, Sierra Sanders
- Old Dominion University: Imani Bradford, Melanie Graham
- Radford University: Brianna Bray, C'erra Rhodes
- Randolph College: Hannah Cloven
- Richard Bland College: Vicki Chrepta
- Southside Virginia Community College: Dulce Ruby Trejo
- University of Mary Washington: Armon Barnes, Cassandra "Cassie" Atkins
- University of Virginia: Kyle Woodson, Camille Kielbasa
- University of Virginia's College at Wise: Kallie Berry, Chloe Allen
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Victoria Peters, Samir Nadir
- Virginia Military Institute: Binh Q. Tran
- Virginia Peninsula Community College: Vernon Mason
- Virginia State University: Kailyn Haye
- Virginia Tech: Ainsley Cragin, Caroline Lohr
- Virginia Wesleyan University: Brooke Underwood
- William & Mary: Mary Fishburn, Owen Williams
Code of Virginia § 23-9.3:1. Student Advisory Committee
The State Council of Higher Education shall appoint a student advisory committee comprised of students enrolled in public institutions of higher education in the Commonwealth and students enrolled in private, accredited and nonprofit institutions of higher education in the Commonwealth, whose primary purpose is to provide collegiate or graduate education and not to provide religious training. Appointments shall be made in a manner to ensure broad student representation from among such institutions.
All appointments shall be made for a term of one year each, except that appointments to fill vacancies shall be for the unexpired term. Members of the student advisory committee may be reappointed to serve subsequent or consecutive terms.
The State Council shall ensure that at least one member of the student advisory committee is reappointed each year. The student advisory committee shall elect a chairman from among its members.
The advisory committee shall meet at least twice annually and shall advise the State Council of Higher Education regarding such matters as may come before the advisory committee.